Saturday, February 1, 2014 | By: Unknown

When you think you're down and out

There are days I must tell you when I feel like tapping out. Where every ounce of fight I have is spent, my energy is zapped, and I can barely lift my chin to look my enemy in the face to continue on. This is the very place where our spirit cries out for us, screaming out to God on our behalf. HELP!! We can be thankful as Christians that even when we don't have it in us to continue on, God does!
Recently my battle has been my health. After struggling for years with PCOS, then Diabetes and CRPS/RSD, I thought I could never strive for health! Believe me I tried it all, diets, exercise, pain management. I was on the brink of being put on a morphine pump for my pain condition when I got a healing! Literally I was going in the next week to talk about my options and God showed up and began to show off in my life.
So my RSD pain is so minimal now I take 1 pill at night versus 5 pills all day long! I can function and move like a normal person. So my next focus was my weight (main issue for PCOS and Diabetes) I did a diet called the Optifast meal replacement, and it seemed to work fine til I couldn't afford it any longer. I kept the weight off too, til I got an injury. For me enough was enough after 20 + years of being overweight. I weighed 200 lbs in 5th grade, yes I know I am young, but it really had been 20 years. I decided I had to take the leap and I did Gastric Bypass, the hardest and best decision I ever made! I am now almost a year out on Feb. 23rd, and have lost exactly 100 lbs! My Diabetes is gone and technically so is my PCOS. So I have been more active, been able to take care of my Sister's two kids on top of my own, and do things like play softball, and just be an active 33 year old woman.
I thought my battle was over, man was I wrong! I am still battling hard for my fertility and for my body to align with God's perfect will. Every month I am knocked down and can barely move, this is not how God has intended for me to live. I feel defeated in these moments but that is when the Spirit reminds me to FIGHT and FIGHT HARD! I am not made to be a wimp when the going gets tough. I am God's Daughter and all his Daughters are WARRIOR women! So I summon up my battle cry, get to my knees and pray this thing out. I may not have the physical strength but I have God!
Whatever you are battling for, whom ever you are battling with (yourself, a family member, friends, the Enemy) remember your #1 weapon is Prayer. The devil is terrified of it because he has no defense against it. The only thing he can do to win a battle is to keep you from crying out. If you are disappointed, talk to God. If you are angry, talk to God. If you are depressed, talk to God. Let him know how you feel, get back to His heart, remind yourself God is on your side. He intends good for His children. To prosper and not harm you. He can save you from yourself, the enemy's schemes, and from the pain. If you just cry out.
Don't get frustrated when everything doesn't fall magically into place as soon as you pray. Prayer is the beginning, like they say "Rome wasn't built in a day." Prayer takes time to be answered and completed. God doesn't start something He won't finish. So if you are just at the beginning, don't give up, keep praying it out til the answer is complete!
So I am praying for my promised addition to our family, our 3rd child, and I am praying for health that is complete in God's eyes so I can do more for His Kingdom. I will prosper even while I am down. If anything just telling my story to keep others encouraged is a direct hit to the enemy even when I may seem down and out.
Hope this encourages you a bit to keep pressing in, keep circling those prayers until the answer comes!
Love and Prayers
Shevonne

0 comments:

Post a Comment