Monday, February 17, 2014 | By: Unknown

Faith like a Child

Often times children will incessantly beg for what they REALLY want. Where did we lose that? Well we probably lost it when we were told it was wrong! LOL

Persistence in prayer is a lot like asking God, like a little child, over and over for the thing we want/need. At times like a good Father, God denies us what we want because we are not ready, or it really would not help us. God's will is for us to prosper. He will not give us anything that will set us back or set us apart from Him.

There are those times though when you have to go for it, and pray hard, and often for your request. Praying til you get an answer! I think of my son, to whom I promised I would go on a date with him and take him to see the Lego Movie. He won't let me forget it and I don't want to go back on my promise either! I will see to it that we do go and it is one of the best dates yet! If God has promised you something, He delights in giving you the best of what He promised! He will take his time if he has to, only so you can have the very best, so remember that. (I have to remember this too)

Also like a child, don't forget the good He has already done! My son and daughter often relish in the fond memories they have had with us. They remember that we have stayed true to things we had promised them, which only reminds them more to ask when a promise has not been fulfilled! LOL Remember the good, the miracles, the healings, the greatness of God's work in your life. Be persistent! I can name plenty of times in the Bible and in my life where persistence played a key roll in answered prayer. Don't give up child!
Love and Prayers,
Shevonne

0 comments:

Post a Comment