Sunday, November 1, 2015 | By: Unknown

Breaking for a purpose



The day that changed my life, Oct. 12, 2008, will be a day I never forget. My life at the time was a tragic mess, this fateful day altered it for good and not so good.
I was hit by a drunk driver... Luckily  because of my seatbelt and the grace of God, I walked away from the accident, but not without a bitter reminder that would follow me for years after. The accident trauma triggered a disease called RSD/CRPS, a painful and debilitating disease (November happens to be RSD/CRPS Awareness month). This disease changed my life for the good because I saw my desperate need for God and my broken family at the time became whole again, but the mind-numbing, heartbreaking ride of my body constantly failing me was wearing me down. Even these 7 years later I still face effects of this tragic disease. 
Hold on, let's get this straight though, see what the devil tried to use to destroy me, God has used time and time again to bless our family and others. God will always turns tragic to triumph for you and His Kingdom!
So when I found out last year my RSD had come back and I was barely able to walk, I was scared, though I was faithfully aware God would turn it around! I mean I had gone into remission before, it could happen again! Though when I prayed, I kept praying and praying for healing, and it wasn't coming, I kept praying for the strength to do my calling too; that's when God took hold of my heart and said, "I am making you stronger, this is your calling, keep the faith." I realized then I was diving into deeper waters.
Today at church Char Blair came to speak at our church, and spoke about bitter waters and the branch that made them sweet. That no matter what bitter situation we face, with God's grace (Jesus) we can be the change agent. We can let God make our bitter situations sweet by allowing Him full access. Letting Him use our situation(s) to teach us, grow us, strengthen us for the battles ahead, or even inspire others in their battles. This  is what I believe God is doing in my life and has been doing these last couple years, and today it was confirmed! Now just to give God full access in all areas of my life; let me show His joy despite suffering, His patience despite my lack of patience at times, His endurance though I have wanted to give up more times than I can count. In order to minister to people who are broken in body, spirit and mind, God has to strengthening me for that call. To know what it is like in the trenches of desperation and weakness, to feel like giving up, but to know what it's like to overcome when I give God my hand to walk me through it. To be refined by fire, and have my bitter turned sweet!
This season I have continued to read Pslams and I keep reading a repeating theme, God hears the cries of those who love Him, He is strong and mighty, Overcoming our adversaries, He is our refuge and fortress and He will save us in the end. Hold on to those truths! Keep them in your heart, because even while your breaking God knows your purpose. Your breaking will be the breakthrough, I believe it! Amen!
God bless you all,
Shevonne Daley

0 comments:

Post a Comment